Eh with this dreary cold weather it is easy to feel down, but I am going to take one from Julie Andrews’ book, and meditate on My Favorite Things!
While I agree with Maria, the character that Julie Andrews plays in the Sound of Music, that raindrops on roses are beautiful, and I am one of the few that actually have a huge respect for geese, I cannot say that I get that jazzed up about whiskers on kittens and brown paper bags! My favorite things are…
- Obviously my family – my hubby and my two sweet angel babies, not to mention extended family! So very blessed!
- Going back to the mention of kittens – I am definitely a dog lover! (Since kids this is perhaps not as evident). I do love my two Alaskan Malamute mixes, who are now 8 years old! They are gorgeous and love taking them for runs and hearing kids say, “Look at the wolves!” Yes, folks we own two wolves…I digress…
- I love to run! I love yoga! I enjoy most exercise in general! Anything to get my heart rate up and my endorphins going! Weeee!
- Orgain Protein Powder from Costco…I have a scoop in my oatmeal daily
- Bananas…B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Sorry Gwen Stefani got the best of me there…No, seriously, between my son and I we go through like 4 bunches of bananas weekly. Two woots for potassium!
- No surprise that one of my favorite animals is a monkey! They’re just too cute!
- Eyebrow waxing…ah my guilty pleasure. I know. Weird. Especially for a gal who hardly takes time to brush her hair and maybe has a haircut twice a year. But eyebrow waxing…makes ya feel so fresh n’ so clean!
- Organization – I love to declutter and organize, organize, organize. I get super excited about organizational products at the Dollar Tree! Ah yes – I love the Dollar Tree!
- Spanish – es un lenguaje bellísimo. While I left the public school realm to stay home with my sweeties, I speak more Spanish than ever. It is so amazing watching them grow in their own language skills! Yeah!
- Energy Bites…these are flippin’ delicious! I love ’em, my kids love ’em…we call them “num nums” in our casa! Click the link for the delightful recipe that my super cool grandma shared with us!
- Brooks PureFlow tennis shoes…ah my best buddies! I’ve been running and training in these shoes for almost six years!
- IPhoto…love it! I love taking pictures and making photo books and calendars for my family! My pledge is to make one yearly for each of my children. I am a little behind! : /
- Classic rock music – thanks to my Daddy who wouldn’t ever let me move the dial on his radio! I love me some Cars, Boston, Styx, Heart! Why don’t they make music like that anymore??!!
- Contemporary Christian music – bring on the TobyMac!
- The color pink – someone told me the other day that you can tell that I am a boy’s mamma…what the heck does that mean?! While I will admit that I am not the girliest gal, pink is my favorito!
- Hot showers…thank the Lord again and again – showers and running take me to a different planet! Ahhhh…
- Pad Kee Mao – this is de-li-cious!!!!!!
- Aladdin’s – one of the few places that has yummy food and you leave not feeling like complete crap after! : ) Win-win!
- The Bob running stroller – enough said.
- The Office – Oh Michael Scott how you make me laugh. Hubby and I love watching episodes over and over again after the kiddos go to sleep…when that happens…: )
- Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Budgeting forms – 5 years and going strong! Highly recommend for anyone and everyone!!!!
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas – great read! One of the few books that I have finished as an adult! : )
- The library! Hooray for la biblioteca! What can I say?! I am a mamma and our library has unbelievable resources and programs for kids!
- Aldi! Except when my son reaches over and hits the store clerk’s buttons to ring up additional items, the bill would usually make Mom proud! God love my mother – that woman can get a deal anywhere. I sometimes wonder how stores stay in business after she goes there… ; )
- The ocean…but honestly, who doesn’t?! Minus the sharks and the jellyfish of course…last vacation I was stung twice…seriously?!
And there’s plenty more where that came from! In light of meditating on my favorite things, let me close with perhaps one of my favorite verses:
9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.